Making yourself visible in a hybrid work setup is the first step in proving that you are dependable – which in turn will create trust. It may be challenging, but here are some strategies you can try:
- Communicate proactively: In a hybrid work environment, communication is critical. Make sure you communicate regularly with your colleagues and supervisors, especially if you are working remotely. Use video conferencing, instant messaging, and email to stay in touch and keep others informed of your progress and contributions.
- Participate actively in meetings: Attend meetings and participate actively in discussions, whether in-person or virtual. Share your ideas, opinions, and insights and actively engage in conversations. This will help you build relationships and establish yourself as an active and engaged team member.
- Leverage technology: Take advantage of collaboration tools such as project management software, document-sharing platforms, and video conferencing to work collaboratively with your team. This will help you stay connected and visible, even if you are not physically present in the office.
- Build relationships: Take the time to build relationships with your colleagues, both in-person and virtually. Reach out to coworkers to learn more about their work and interests, and look for opportunities to collaborate on projects. Building strong relationships will help you establish yourself as a valued member of the team.
- Be dependable: Do what you say and say what you do. It is crucial to hit deadlines, make meetings on time, and be on point during those meetings. Show your commitment through attitude and motivation to the work that you are assigned to do.