Framework and Processes
- Develops and implements a financial reporting framework through the monitoring and analyzing accounting data towards the preparation of required financial statements and regulatory / management reports.
- Develops and implements an expense processing and approval structure, including review of all payments, supplier processing, and maintenance of payment records and fixed asset registry.
- Establishes and enforces proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Develops internal controls and accounting procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Manages the cash flow of the entity, including forecasting of cash requirements in accordance with business projections.
- Coordinates with HR to ensure that payroll payments and reports are processed in a timely manner and are in line with required approvals.
- Reviews monthly payroll administration activities to ensure that all payroll transactions and deductions are accounted for.
- Coordinates with HR to process payroll activities such as employee benefits and claims while adhering to the company’s HR policies and the relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances.
- Review and evaluate potential cost-saving measures.
- Documentation and Reports Management
- Manages the analysis, summarization, and maintenance of general ledger accounts and develops the chart of accounts for the company.
- Compiles and validates integrated accounts payable information for all functions of the company.
- Prepares analytical reports concerning revenue and expense variances for management review.
- Coordinates inter-departmental activities related to the preparation, consolidation, and review of periodic budgeting processes and forecasts.
- Interacts with budget owners and other stakeholders at all levels to generate timely, accurate month-end closes, as well as all internal management and financial reporting through annual reports.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations through filing all required periodical reports within specified time periods.
- Files reports necessary to comply with tax law and compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures recording and processing timely payment of tax liabilities.
- Liaise with auditors to maintain sufficient financial oversight of the business.
- Manage a team of finance and accounting professionals, providing leadership, guidance, and coaching to support their professional development.
- Manages of all Accounting Associates, including review of regulatory reports.
- Maintain a high standard of service.
- Be honest and respectful in all dealings.
- Accuracy and proper grammar
- Individual ownership of tasks
- Communicates effectively in ways that enhance productivity and builds respectful relationships with local and North American colleagues and counterparts.
- Demonstrates active listening, written and verbal skills.
- Shares all relevant information as needed.
- Take initiative to learn new tasks.
- Bring forward recommendations for improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and the like.
- Proven experience as a Sr. Manager/ Director of Accounting and Finance
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and finance software.
- Statutory Audit exposure an advantage.
- Knowledge in TAX and PEZA requirements
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financialprocesses are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA preferred.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with great follow-up skills
- Has a strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships to effectively contribute to a highly collaborative and trust-based work environment
- Strong problem solving, decision-making skills
- Stakeholder Management