The position is established as the 4PL Control Tower Documentation and Destination Manager for one of the world’s largest sporting brands, as extended arm of customers supply chain, manages global air freight, ocean freight, road freight, sea/air and Sea/Rail flows as well as local on-carriage plus destination customs clearance and in DC intake planning execution for this global key account.
This role covers the Document Management, Destination Milestone Update, Custom, Intake/ Slot Management, and Empty returns in the Destination task part of the global control tower teams based in centralized global shared service center locations.
The 4PL Control Tower Documentation and Destination Manager is based in Manila and has a direct reporting line into the 4PL Global Control Tower Manager and functional reports to Regional Destination OKAM.
Operational and Team Management:
- Oversee the entire 4PL Document Management and Destination tasks
- Strategize to drive process optimization, accountability, and ownership
- Monitor team and individual performance and ensure that performance is within expectation (based on defined SLA)
- Understand Documentation and Destination tasks and how this impacts the overall business
- Provide guidance on process design and optimization
- Propose process changes were needed to drive efficiency and improve execution
- Act as an ambassador of the ISSC Documentation and Destination Team
- Prepare and present performance reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Quality and compliance responsibilities under NDA / attention given to predetermined processes, SOPs
- Work closely with the team leads to increase productivity and assist in creating positive working relationships with GOKAM
- Maintain all areas of Health and Safety relevant to the working environment & staff teams.
- Planning and organization of resources planning and requirements
- Escalation of irregularities to Service Support/Process Manager
- Perform weekly catch-up with team leads
- Take the lead to help resolve reoccurring issues
- Drive continuous improvement of the team and related processes.
- Work under the direction of superiors
- Drives completion of tasks and processes within agreed SLA to leaders and members
Team Leadership & Coaching:
Create an environment orientated to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
Motivate and inspire team leaders and members
Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words
Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
Maintain healthy group dynamics
Intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues
Help keep the team focused & on track
Ensure to meet KPI & 4PL Control Tower Targets
Implementation support (off- / on-site) for the migration of 4PL Control Tower activity from Business Units and/or the ISSC.
Resolution of issues on the operational level
Graduate or bachelor’s degree (any course)
Operational Knowledge of Freight Forwarding (All ship modes), SCM, Logistics
Good knowledge of International Trade (e.g.) incoterms, etc.,
Detailed knowledge of the Air/Ocean Freight and Customs documentation process
Knowledge of continuous improvement methodology
Experience with the use of web-based systems and MS Office in general as detailed understanding of 4PL product with knowledge on freight forwarding, logistics, and supply chain solutions
Demonstrates strong leadership being the leader of leaders and ability to motivate teams
Strong analytical and decision-making capabilities
Strong stakeholder management skills
Drive customer-centricity mindset
Strong communication skills
Ability to adapt to change and in a diverse environment and culture
Ability to work under pressure and foster resilience
Commercial / forwarding business education or work experience
Work experience in Service Center or Freight Forwarding
Minimum 10 years work experience
Fluent in English is mandatory (written and spoken)
Good Know -ow in MS-Office applications
Good Know-How in web-based applications / Internet
Knowledge in Supply Chain Applications is a plus
- 4PL, Logistics, Forwarding, Supply Chain