Providing an excellent customer service experience and help customers achieve their desired goals. Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements/user stories and help translate into technical requirements for the development team
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications/solutions.
- Mentoring team members and establishing good coding practices/principles, ensuring the team adheres to high software quality standards.
- Daily stand-up meeting with scrum team at the same time each day
- Deliver on what was promised by you / your team during the stand-up meeting and escalate issues immediately when blocked
- Participate in sprint planning for each two-week sprint
- Participate in PI planning for each 10 or 12-week PI
- Perform Pull Request code reviews for your teammates
- Coordinate over Slack and/or Teams with other team members and the customer when working remote to ensure near real-time communication on daily tasks and issues
- Most of the time spent working in React Native development to build user-facing features with top-notch UI and UX, application business logic, or other application components as necessary to meet the requirements acceptance criteria for the development tasks assigned
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining features.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for solutions within the code base.
- Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Stay updated with tech stack and industry trends, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team.
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- Review and analyze requirements, and user stories for validity and feasibility and understand what needs to design and developed or maintain.
- Translates user requirements into software design, creates architectural specifications, and ensures feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms for the development team.
- Code maintenance and scalability solution design and development.
- Delivers documentation and diagrams that translate complex technical problems into digestible visualizations/write-ups.
- Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns while adhering to best engineering practices.
- Collaborate with immediate superior or manager, team members and/or cross-functional teams, and backend development team to develop an effective solution
- Experienced building apps with React Native (a blend of mobile and web preferred).
- Experienced in building consumer-facing client apps with previous experience in early-stage product design
- Experienced deploying both Android and iOS mobile apps
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, GitHub, Cloud Technologies, Microservices, SQL, and NoSQL.
- Experience with RESTful JSON feed consumption
- Knowledge and working experience with industry-standard best development practices for various project methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.), implementation and deployment activities will be essential
- Experience working as a front-end/UI engineer within the video or streaming space, and/or working with Connected TV devices like AppleTV, AndroidTV, SamsungTV, and FireTV, is a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role